Nothing is more America than the 4th of July. The drinks are cold, the kids are playing, the grill is grilling, and the night sky is aglow with the celebration of yet another year of freedom ringing. While every major metropolitan does a solid job of lighting up the night sky as best they can. There are a few cities that really show out. For the discerning traveler, these are the directions you should head for a last minute firework show.
1. New York, New York - Coming in at the number 1 spot is none other than the Big Apple itself. This firework display first started during America’s Bicentennial in 1976. Hosted by Macy’s, it is now in its 43rd year. Festivities began at 9:30 near the east river in Midtown and will feature a theme dedicated to “American Cinema”. Passengers will most commonly fly into Teteboro (TEB) located 12 minutes from Midtown Manhattan
2. Washington D.C. - You can’t get any more patriotic than a firework show at the nations capital. As homage to the many achievements of this great nation, national monuments are lit up all across D.C. as it has two displays going up on either side of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. Regulars to show recommend that viewing is optimal on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. Being the nations capital, rest assured D.C. is well equipped for VIPs.
3. Nashville, TN - Located a few hours west of the Smoky Mountains is the world famous Music City. Soar into Nashville's international airport (BNA) for a light show a bit newer to the scene for top rated firework displays. The city leverages its musical roots with a full day of live performances from top country music talent, followed by a performance from Nashville Symphony during the actual firework show itself.
4. New Orleans, LA - The Big Easy does not take it easy at all on the country’s birthday. Anyone that has been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras can tell you from firsthand experience, this city knows how to throw a party. The so dubbed “Go 4th on the River” celebration refers to it being hosted on the mighty Mississippi River. The fireworks themselves are shot from “dueling” barges that are located on the river. Named after the cities most famous son, the Louis Armstrong International Airport located 15 miles outside of the cities center is where you will want to land.
5. Boston, MA - Rounding out our list of top picks is the nation’s oldest public Fourth of July celebration. The Boston Pops is back in full swing since its two year hiatus from COVID. Located in it’s original space on the Charles River Esplanade. This year should be even more interesting and entertaining as it is being hosted by Oscar nominated and Grammy award winner Queen Latifah. Most commonly used airports for private flights are the Laurence G. Hanscom Fld Airport (BED) and Norwood Memorial Airport (OWD).
With access to thousands of private aircraft across this great country. Let Air Planning help you celebrate this 4th of July weekend in style and unparalleled luxury. So what are you waiting for, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 603-890-0044.